Spice up 8 glasses per day of water with a slice or two of cucumber. It's wonderfully refreshing and can give us lots of amazing benefits as well.
Amazing Things To Know About Cucumber
1. Fat busting: Place slices of cucumbers on your eyes to relieve puffiness? The photochemical in cucumbers makes the collagen in the skin tighten, thus reducing puffiness. You can also rub cucumber on a problematic spot of cellulite anywhere on your body to lessen the visibility of it? This will has the same effect on wrinkles too. You can also rub a little bit under your kiddo’s eyes after a long bout of crying, to help minimize the swollen look.
2. Defogger: Don't get annoyed when you have to clear the fog on the mirror after a shower. Try rubbing slices of cucumber on the mirror before you hop in for a shower. You will you get a fog-free mirror accompanied by a pleasant smell that will boost your mood.
3. Headaches: If you suffer from headaches a day of stressful cores (or pets or your husband), or had a little too much wine with dinner and want to avoid a hangover, eat half of a cucumber before going to sleep. Cucumbers being high in B vitamins, sugar, and electrolytes will help replenish the nutrients missing in our body, avoiding the attack of hangover or headache that’s been threatening to take place.
4. WD-40 Agent: Get rid of squeaking noise when opening doors by rubbing a cucumber on the hinge if you can't find your tin of WD-40 rust removal agent.
5. Wall Eraser: Take an unpeeled cucumber and rub the crayon off of the walls in the event that your kids mischievously left some art drawing there. The same technique can also be used to erase any pen mistake.
6. Bad Breathe Control : Put a slice of cucumber on the roof of your mouth. Hold it there with your tongue for 30 seconds. The photochemical that you love for cellulite and puff reduction can also help overcome the bacteria that cause halitosis.
7. Tarnish remover: When there is tarnish on your stainless steel kitchen faucets and appliances, try rubbing them with cucumber slices. The stubborn old tarnish will diminish and leaving it streak free, taking away the risk of toxic chemical, if any.
8. Energy booster: Cucumber can provide enough carbohydrates and B vitamins to give you a longer-lasting and healthier boost of energy than soda, coffee, or those health hazard energy drinks.
9. Healthy Snack:
Did you know that European trappers used to eat cucumbers for energy and to keep from starving to death. Consider eating cucumber as a healthy choice when the munchies hit. Slice some up and take them in a small plastic container to the movies there is no access to popcorn or other snacks at the theatre for munching.
10. Frugal facial: Slice up a cucumber and boil it in a pot of water. The chemicals within the cucumber will mix in the steam. Remove the pot from heat and lean over it, letting the steam hit you. Your skin will be more radiant and healthy, and you will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
11. Shoe polish: Cut a slice off of your cucumber and rub it on your shoe. It will not only shine it up, but it will repel water.
12. Garden Pest control: Put a few slices of cucumber in a small container and place them in your garden. The chemicals in the cucumber will repel garden pests. You won’t smell it, but it will drive them from your garden all year long. Just change them periodically.
13. Sunburn: Sometimes sun block may not effectively protect you from sunburn. If you don’t have any aloe, try rubbing with cucumber on the affected area. Doctors do use cucumber to treat patients with irritated skin and sunburns.
14. Blood pressure: Cucumber has been long used to treat high blood pressure. If you have it, add cucumbers to your daily diet. Medical research is ongoing with the use of cucumbers for lowering cholesterol.
15. Constipation Cure: The seeds of a cucumber are a diuretic. If you encounter constipation problem, try eating a cucumber. If you are suffering from chronic constipation, add cucumber to your daily diet